Written by Gail Hoffer-Loibl
Ah, a day at the spa relaxing and rejuvenating. Sounds delightful, doesn’t it? Too bad there’s barely enough time to even schedule a visit.
Not to worry! If you are jonesing for some pampering, just grab your toddler (or find a friend who would loan you their toddler while said friend enjoys an actual spa treatment) and let the relaxation begin.
1. Massage therapy: Just lie on your stomach as your child rolls his or her toy car up and down your back and head (bonus: cranial massage, oh yeah!).
2. Facial: That half–eaten yogurt on your kid’s hands would feel so good on your face. Gotta love those active cultures. Or how about some avocado? That’s always good for the complexion.
3. Mani/Pedi: A delightful set of nails awaits you as your toddler discovers the wonders of magic markers.
4. Soak: Nothing like a bath to relieve the tension. All you need is a toddler and a tub for a refreshing soak (clothing optional). You don’t even need to get in.
5. Mud treatment: Just let your toddler hug you after playing in the dirt for a few hours. Don’t shower for a while to let that muddy goodness sink in.
Note: All treatments are subject to abrupt cancelation because of sleepiness, hunger or boredom.
Gail Hoffer-Loibl lives in Brooklyn, N.Y., with her husband and two-year-old son. When she’s not catching up on sleep, or trying to use the bathroom in peace, she enjoys writing for her blog, Maybeillshowertoday.com.