10 Things Game of Thrones Taught Me About Parenthood
Say what you want about Game of Thrones, but it is ripe with life lessons. Today, I’m pleased to share 10 things GoT taught me about parenthood.
(Warning: Possible Spoilers from Seasons 1 & 2)
2) And sometimes, you need to accept that your children will do things that absolutely horrify you.
3) Getting the puppy is always a good idea.
4) Never relinquish control of your kingdom to the hormonal teenager.
5) Always, always, take your daughter’s ambition seriously.
6) Keep weddings small & intimate. Nothing good ever happens at a huge, expensive wedding.
7) The importance of education. A good tutor is always worth the money.
8) Even if your kids become horrible little twits–you will love and defend them. Always.
9) Sibling rivalry is not to be underestimated.
10) Sometimes, your kids can make you lose your head. But you love them, so at least there’s that.
…..This pretty much sums it up.